Saturday, January 3, 2009

What were you doing a month ago?

I was saying good bye to my old life.
How do you say good bye to your old life?
With lots of tears and boxes and a really long road trip.

This is Marcus climbing up in the suburban--blasted radiator hoses!


We left at 6am, Thursday, Dec 4th. from my sisters house in Denton, Tx.
We arrived in Bradenton, FL at 9pm on Friday, Dec 5th. Only a 18 hour drive (if you are going 75 which we didn't)
The last few hours were the worst. We broke down twice for different reasons within 2 hours of our destination.





I am a fantastic mommy! We played on the side of the road and I enjoyed it! Yeah!!




Do you really ever say goodbye? No--Around every corner there are things that cause you to remember. Is it harder than I thought, being here? Not really. Does it mean I would rather be somewhere else? Somedays.
But Not today. I am content. God is still on the throne of this heart.

Here it is a month later-- I started this post a week after we arrived here. A lot has happened, including Christmas and New Years. So as I reflect over the last year and especially the last month I am thankful. We are where we are suppose to be. I fianlly feel like we are no longer on vacation.

2 comments:

Jenn Pete said...

You sound good! I know what it's like to see your husband under the hood on a LONG road trip...

We broke down 5 times on a 6 day trip? Or was it 6 times on a 5 day trip... at least we aren't Gilligan. A 3 hour tour :)

We can see the flowers on the door.

Anonymous said...

Hello luv. I am reading your blog. I'm hoping to get my webcam soon. It's very cool. Much love,LaLa