Sunday, June 5, 2011

I miss America

Our front porch

I have been feeling very homesick this weekend. Not sure why but I am thinking the best way to cure that is to show our life here!!! Saturday is market day. Marcus and Rachel have this "date" to the market. They gear up with their backpacks and water and head out around 6am. On the list is always 4 dozen eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic and bell peppers. Then MB usually brings me some weird fruit. Most everything is fresh and grown locally. It is now mango season. There are trees everywhere with fresh sweet mangoes hanging down. Makes my mouth water just thinking about them:)
Naomi holding a fresh coconut from our very first market day
You must soak all of your vegtables and fruit in vinegar before eating:)
passion fruit, banana, parsley, mango smoothie. Actually quite refreshing and the kids LOVE it!!
Every day is laundry day. I am sure I will have a whole post on that later on!!
And of course we can't forget the fans!! (and the cute kiddos..my first and last born:) We only (are very very blessed) have AC in the bedrooms.
We are doing more than surviving in Dominica. We are thriving. Friends have been made. Food has been consumed. Life has been enjoyed. And you can not beat the scenery!!!!!!!!
Come on Daddy lets run!!



Old gnarly ship at the end of the street


Beautimus sunset



these boats are just at the end of our street

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the third time I've tried to comment and blogger just eats it up.
Just going to say I'm glad you are going to start sharing your little spot of paradise. Hold on to each other and enjoy the ride. Love seeing pictures of my peeps and reading about them. Let us know about life in the slow lane. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, Anonymous is me, Nana Jana...

Jenn Pete said...

I think you should change your blog picture to the one where ya'll are all on the front porch. It's my favorite! Although the one of Rachel holding Caleb makes my heart happy too :)

Anonymous said...

Ok this is the coolest blog ever. Thank you for taking the time to share so Keri and I can keep up. We miss you guys and are so happy to see your world. God is so good and I feel like I just got to visit you!

The pictures are amazing. Just think it won't be too long before we get to see your pictures in person with all the little stories you are accumulating. We love you guys and can't wait to see you I may have to figure a way to come visit!

Bob and Keri