Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Morning


What a perfect morning. The last few weeks have been really difficult for me. Yesterday I started to "feel" like myself again. We had my favorite breakfast, sausage, homemade pancakes and lots of maple syrup! Yum. Then set out for our morning walk to Naomi's school. The Lord has finally blessed us and it was cool out. 71 degrees is cool to me these days. It was close to 90 yesterday:) So as Rachel, Gabriel and I are walking back home we make a pit stop for sneakers and a hoodie for Rachel. We head down to the Manatee River at the end of our street. We meet a few dog walkers and just enjoy the cool breeze. Rachel and I loooove to just sit at the water and watch. She sees something sticking out of the water.

Hmmm.


Was that a fish?


NOOOOO it was MUCH bigger.

We must have come across a family of Manatee. 4 to be exact. It was so much fun. They breathe air and so they must come up every little while to breathe. I bet we stayed for 45 minutes just watching and laughing and of course praying:) We ask for them to come closer and we thanked the Lord for sending such and amazing creature.

I only had my phone and the camera is poor quality and they are really fast!


Side note: Today is Popa Boats birthday. "Happy Birthday, Popa!" We called him and he came over on the way to a Dr.'s appt. He has only seen one Manatee at a time and they are very few and far between. We really feel like we were blessed by the Creator today.

4 comments:

Priscila said...

What a treat!!
Barbara Manatee, you are the one for me! Sent from up above, you are the one I love! manatee from heaven :D

Jenn Pete said...

I went and looked up the next verse....
Barabra Manatee (Manatee, Manatee)
i'll be your mon amie (mon amie, mon amie)
i'll take you to the ball(to the ball, to the ball)
i hope your not to tall (you might have trouble dancing)

AWESOME!!! And happy birthday Popa Boat!


I like your new background, too.

Poopa said...

that is so cool
and you once wanted to be a sea doctor i think
i think the creator is blessed to have you also
i luv u

Unknown said...

are you online?